Friday, December 28, 2007

The 18lb. cat.....

Why is it that my cat HAS to sit on the keyboard whenever I am busy typing???? I have never understood why animals- particularly cats are able to sense what is the most important thing in your life at that moment- like reading a book, writing in your journal- updating your blog... and then they SIT there on that object facing you- and are very perturbed when you shoo them away. My little cat is a measly 18lbs... so it's quite a struggle sometimes to get him off of things. But I love the fur ball. He's very dashing. All salt 'n peppered.

So, I'm going to post some quick environment designs that I did when working over at Sony on the Jackie Chan Saturday morning cartoon show. I had just come from Disney feature, and will admit that I had a HUGE chip on my shoulder about how good I thought I was... Well, I got my bum kicked. There were some incredible people on our small bg design crew- Andy Chung, (http://www.acsketch.blogspot.com/) a designer on League of Extraordinary Gentleman being one of them.


At Sony, we started out with 10 roughs that had to be approved weekly and ended the show with about 40 roughs per week/per person. It was a six month gig that I learned to suck it up and start working hard again. I admit- when I left Disney- I was very burnt out and never wanted to see another pencil or layout desk again- but at Sony- it revived my love for what I did- (drawing) and even though these drawings were done in a couple of hours- they are pretty solid. Still not as good as Andy's though.... heeheeheee!



blogger is being a bit buggy- I'll have to upload more when it will allow me to!
Stay tuned!

13 Comments:

Blogger Erik D. Martin said...

Gah 40 roughs a week!? hard core stuff man! impressive blog to boot!

hope I can pull that off when I graduate from AC haha

10:01 PM PST  
Blogger Martin Bergquist said...

Your work is stunning... most inspiring stuff I have seen in long time.

7:28 AM PST  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

thanks for posting this awesome work (including everything below this post). I love visiting here.

7:19 AM PST  
Blogger Alfred Llupia said...

Nice artwork pieces Denise,i´ve linked your blog to my favourites.
Greetings.

4:47 AM PST  
Blogger Richard Gaines said...

I was linked to your site via John Nevarez and boy did I stumble on such a genius as yourself. Your renderings are not only sublime, but they possess a ghostly character that do not necessitate concomitant stories to convey something. The same can be spoken of your background gestures, particularly of Union Square. Man, and I thought I was starting to get the hang of backgrounds (that I'm doing for a small video game company here in Florida)!

The contrast between darks and lights really speaks volumes.

'Nuff said! Great work, Denise!!

7:48 PM PST  
Blogger Mike Lee said...

Beatiful!

9:30 AM PST  
Blogger Marcelo Vignali said...

That's pretty darn good for only a couple hours of work. Very good indeed.

9:14 PM PST  
Blogger Tobias Schwarz said...

just visiting. very nice work!

1:57 AM PST  
Blogger soundboy said...

40 roughs didn't sound so hard until I saw the quality of your work... Hot damn, that's amazing. All with a cat on your lap? Kudos :)

1:52 PM PST  
Blogger Brian Growe said...

Wow, your work is really awesome!

7:48 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0613
fossil watches
thunder jerseys
mulberry handbags
kevin durant shoes
ugg boots
nike roshe one
air more uptempo
heat jerseys
michael kors handbags
celtics jerseys

8:47 PM PDT  
Blogger jeje said...

adidas outlet
adidas superstars
cheap jordans
polo ralph lauren outlet
moncler jackets
canada goose outlet
dsquared
ralph lauren outlet
pandora jewelry outlet
polo ralph lauren

6:23 PM PDT  
Blogger หวยเด็ดหวยดัง said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
tchiorny.net
shannonairportenthusiasts.net/

8:31 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home