Thursday, November 15, 2007

Style Sheets for Production



What are these? They are known as 'Style Guides' and they are the bible of any animated film -these little puppies are the 'how to' in any visual medium.


Normally the art director/production designer are the ones that create these pages that explain to the crew how to easily (hah!) follow his design vision. I was graciously given this assignment from Sam Michlap- As art director, he was swamped with work and told me to 'Go for it .... I have complete trust in your abilities on this.' I have to admit- I LOVED this assignment. My one rule of thumb is that if the viewer can't understand it in 1/2 of a second what I am trying to explain- then I haven't done my job correctly. I guess it comes from growing up with a bunch of future engineers, physicians and attorneys- sometimes you have to dumb things down to get your point across (they being the dense ones, not me- LOL!).




15 Comments:

Blogger Erick Tran said...

Looks great! Where are you currently working?

9:44 AM PST  
Blogger Tanja said...

I am so happy that you are posting creative work like these from your wealth of experiences.... I learn so much! Thanks!

7:35 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing, I just learned some neat little tricks!

Cheers

Matt Shepherd

8:30 PM PST  
Blogger Marcelo Vignali said...

Really beautiful work. I'm really impressed -- no wonder Sam said he had complete confidence in you.

10:40 PM PST  
Blogger Marc said...

Gorgeous art! I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work. I am learning so much already.

5:27 PM PST  
Blogger Erik D. Martin said...

Oh man thank you for posting these! I always wonder what the style guide looks like for every animation film-its a shame they don't release it after the film.

8:37 AM PST  
Blogger SCOTT CAPLE said...

DENISE!
How the heck are you.
REALLY nice stuff.
You are obviously prospering...good to see your work.
sc

9:18 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way your work conveys the mood simply, directly and eloquently with strong graphic shapes and lighting. Great work!

10:47 AM PST  
Blogger Jordan Lamarre-Wan said...

These are Great!

12:39 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0613
nba jerseys
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
coach outlet online
nike air max 2015
swarovski crystal
air max 2017
cartier jewelry
raptors jerseys
canada goose jackets

8:48 PM PDT  
Blogger jeje said...

adidas outlet
adidas superstars
cheap jordans
polo ralph lauren outlet
moncler jackets
canada goose outlet
dsquared
ralph lauren outlet
pandora jewelry outlet
polo ralph lauren

6:22 PM PDT  
Anonymous Obat Sakit Diare said...

Very nice the article

Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Asam Lambung
Obat Darah Tinggi Alami Paling Ampuh
Mengobati Stroke Secara Alami
Cara Menghilangkan Jerawat
Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Asma
Cara Mengatasi Gusi Bengkak

11:31 PM PST  
Anonymous Bahaya Nyeri Dada said...


Cara Mengatasi Penyebab Kekurangan Sel Darah Putih
Obat Epidural Hematoma
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Telinga
Beberapa Cara Untuk Mengobati Angin Duduk
Obat Trombosis Vena Dalam
Obat Alami Untuk Bibir Kering

10:13 PM PST  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

fitflops sale clearance
air jordan
yeezy boost 350 v2
michael kors outlet
golden goose sneakers
adidas yeezy boost
nike air force
nike vapormax
supreme hoodie
balenciaga triple s

1:26 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

off white t shirt
kyrie 9
supreme clothing
off white outlet
curry shoes
off white hoodie
ggdb
supreme clothing
fear of god outlet
off white outlet

12:01 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home