Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Stuff!

Actually this stuff is old........ ! Isn't that how it always is when you are getting a blog up and running? Anyway- the work on this post is from the Video Game world- it's from EA's GoldenEye: Rogue Agent- and these are just the lighting passes.






The game environment artists blocked in the geo and then the vis dev artists would paint over the screenshot- do a quick photoshop pass on it- make sure that the level had a more consistant lighting plan. Video games were a new frontier to me-having *never* picked up a playstation 2 handheld controller- and then in my first meeting, was asked to 'walk around the environment in God mode....' Huh. In front of 20 people and comment on the old Bond style designed by Ken Adams? Sure, nooooooooooooooo problem... hahahahaha!!!!! Well- after that, I was ordered to play an hour a day (at work) ANY video game, as long as I figured out how to navigate the environment. My nephews were jealous that game playing was part of my normal job routine- and am proud to say I now own a PS2- but I only play guitar hero on it. I'm a HUGE fan of this game. When people asked me what I did for a living at the time- I told them that I was corrupting the youth of america.



12 Comments:

Blogger pascal said...

Hello.
I just discovered your blog today.
What a beautiful beautiful world you are offering us here.
I'm a big fan already.
Thank you for this!

Cheers

9:14 PM PST  
Blogger David Colman said...

wow!! I always heard about and your genius work....nice to finally see some of it.....gorgeous pieces!!!

9:28 AM PST  
Blogger John Nevarez said...

Beautiful!!!!

10:54 AM PST  
Blogger Jared Shear said...

WOW!....cool stuff here Denise, can't wait to see more.

2:57 PM PST  
Blogger Paul Abadilla said...

Denise, your work is stellar and very inspiring. i really enjoy your quick plein-air landscape sketches. thanks for posting. =)

7:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kloosli said...

I teach animation at BYU. Found you through Nevarez's blog. Great stuff. Keep it coming.

8:53 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0613
fossil watches
thunder jerseys
mulberry handbags
kevin durant shoes
ugg boots
nike roshe one
air more uptempo
heat jerseys
michael kors handbags
celtics jerseys

8:48 PM PDT  
Blogger zzyytt said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
lacoste online shop
air jordans
nike huarache
chrome hearts online
jordans
asics kayno
yeezy 700
yeezy shoes
hogan outlet online

1:01 AM PDT  
Anonymous Obat Ginjal Bengkak Herbal said...


This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Obat Pereda Nyeri Dada Sebelah Kiri
Cara Menghilangkan ambeien/Wasir Secara Permanen

7:16 PM PST  
Anonymous Obat Alami Untuk Bibir Kering said...


Cara Mengatasi Penyebab Kekurangan Sel Darah Putih
Obat Epidural Hematoma
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Telinga
Beberapa Cara Untuk Mengobati Angin Duduk
Obat Trombosis Vena Dalam
Bahaya Nyeri Dada

10:07 PM PST  
Anonymous Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Rosacea said...



Very interesting article, thank you for sharing. I also want to share the following health articles, God willing, useful. Thank you :)

Cara Cepat Atasi Sariawan
Cara Mengatasi Kepala Pusing Berputar
Manfaat Walatra Spirulina

6:06 PM PST  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost 350
michael kors handbags
balenciaga
nike epic react
moncler outlet
yeezy
adidas yeezy
hermes handbags bag
balenciaga sneakers
nfl jerseys

1:29 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home